Pranayama plays an important role in our life. All pranayama is very important. But today we are going to discuss the Kapalbhati Pranayam. It is most important for our health. If any person is doing Prayama but if he/she is not doing kapalbhati then it is not doing anything. Today we will discuss kapalbhati yoga, benefits of kapalbhati, the meaning of kapalbhati or kapalbhati meaning and which precautions should we use.
What is KapalBhati Pranayam
Meaning of kapalbhati or Kapalbhati Meaning
According to many big yogis Kapal Bhati is a practice of breathing. It means it is the practice of breathing by inhaling and exhale. These two words Kapal and Bhati have picked from Sanskrit. The meaning of Kapal is “Skull”(Forehead) and the meaning of Bhati is “Shine”. We can say that meaning of kapalbhati is shining of our Forehead.
It is an advanced breathing technique. Its main or one line meaning is that the regular practice of Kapal Bhati with the correct way brings an unbelievable and natural glow on your face. Do not try to fill the breath, but let it go as easily as the breath goes in. The entire concentration is in exhaling the breath. Do it naturally.
Types Of KapalBhati Pranayam
There are Three types of Kapal Bhati Pranayam:-
(1). Vatakrama Kapalbhati
It is the first type of Kapal Bhati Pranayama. All people basically do this type of category. It is very simple also as compare to the rest of the two categories. This category is like Bhastrika Pranayam. In this category the inhalation process is passive or you may say very normal and the exhalation process is quick(active).
(2). Vyutkrama Kapalbhati
It is the second variation of kapalbhati. It is difficult than the first type of kapalbhati(vatakrama). Often people don’t try this type of kapalbhati. In this type, we sucked lukewarm water from the nose and expelled from the mouth. In simple language, we take water from the nose and put out that water from the mouth. It is effective to clean out the complete nose.
(3). Sheetkrama Kapalbhati
This type is also the hardest type of kapalbhati. it is totally reverse of the second type of kapalbhati(vyutkrama). In this type, we sucked lukewarm water from the mouth and expelled water from the nose. People don’t do these two types of kapalbhati but, these two types of kapalbhati are very effective.
Shivasankalpa while doing kapalbhati
At the time of kapalbhati yoga, we should think about something good to take full benefits of kapalbhati. When you exhale you have to think that all disease of my body is coming out from my body or in other languages you have to think that my all disease is destroying. You have to think like my face is shining, black spots of my face are coming out. If you think like this than the benefit of kapalbhati will be double for you.
Steps to do kapalbhati
- Sit in the proper way. You can sit in the sukhasana. Your face should be straight. You have to feel comfortable.
- Inhale completely by both nostrils. Fill your lungs completely and exhale the whole breath completely. Repeat this process 2 to 5 times.
- After this exhale your breath. Breath like this that your navel should come closer to the spine. Don’t do this process forcibly. It is an automatic process. You can put your hand on the abdomen to feel the contraction of muscles.
- Repeat this process again and again. Don’t try to inhale forcibly. Air will fill in your lungs automatically. Exhale the breath fastly.
- Try to do this step one time in one second. It will show the complete benefit when you will do it 5 minutes in one step. Then you will see kapalbhati benefits.
Benefits of kapalbhati
There are so many benefits of kapalbhati. But we are discussing some important and main benefits of kapalbhati Pranayam.
- It increases the power of the brain, increases the beauty on the face and forehead.
- Destroy the disease like cough, breathing problems, allergies, sinus, etc. All the diseases of the heart, lungs, and brains go away.
- We can prevent by the disease like obesity, acidity, kidney, and prostate.
- The increased weight of the belly can be reduced by 3 to 5 kg in a month.
- You will not face any blockage in the arteries of the heart.
- Your mind will remain stable, peaceful, and happy.
- No negative thoughts will come in your mind. Which can be causes of depression.
- By doing Kapalbhati yoga health of the stomach, pancreas, spinal cord, spleen, intestine, and kidney are increased especially.
- Purify the blood because the oxygen level increases by Kapalbhati yogasana.
- It improves our mind power, concentration power, and positive thinking ability.
Precautions for kapalbhati
- Don’t do if you have back pain, surgery of backbone, etc.
- Pranayam should be done in pure Saattvik Nirmal place, if possible the do near water.
- In cities, everyone knows that there is so much pollution. So, before pranayama makes the place smelled by something like Guggulu or a lamp of ghrit.
- At the time of pranayama sit in either Siddhasana, Sukhasana or Padmasana and keep your spinal cord straight.
- You can sit on the chair also if you are unable to sit on the ground. But if you are sitting on the ground then use a mat.
- Don’t take breathing from your mouth. Always take from the nose. Because the hair of the nose make fresh that wind and make it hot.
- For the long practice of pranayama, proper use of melted butter, milk, almonds, fruits are necessary.
- During pranayama, inhaling is called “Supplement” holding is called “Kumbhak” and exhaling the breath is called “laxative”.
International Yoga Day
International Yoga day. We celebrate yoga day every year on 21 June. It is a very special day for all Indians and all yogi. International yoga day in 2019 was on Friday. Now, International yoga day 2020 will come on Sunday. It comes on 21 June every year. It is a historic day for India. Because of the birth of yoga was in India. Today Swami Ramdev is spreading the yoga in every corner of India and in the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is kapalbhati Pranayam?
Ans. It is an advance pranayam. By its glow comes on our face and forehead. It means it is the practice of breathing by inhaling and exhale.
Q2. What are benefits of kapalbhati?
Ans. Destroy the disease like cough, breathing problems, allergies, sinus, etc. By doing Kapalbhati yoga health of the stomach, pancreas, spinal cord, spleen, intestine, and kidney are increased especially. No negative thoughts will come in your mind. Which can be causes of depression.
Q3. How much time should we do kapalbhati?
Ans. You should do a minimum of 5 minutes in one round. If you are not doing it at least 5 min in one step then it will not show you the complete result. Beginners can take time to reach 5 minutes. But who is doing daily has to take one round of at least 5 minutes.
Q4. Can we do kapalbhati twice in a day?
Ans. Of course, you can do Kapal Bhati pranayama 2 times in a day. But you have to first in the morning after daily activity. In the evening you have to do after at least 3 hours to lunch.
Q5. Which time is best for doing kapalbhati?
Ans. Surely, we will suggest your morning time. Morning time is the best time for pranayama. Because in the morning time wind remains fresh. Our body completes the requirement of oxygen. After this we keep energetic.
Read more information visit: healthtration.com